Last Tuesday I kicked off the first installment of “Culturally Speaking,” a weekly post highlighting some cultural joys to help us look past the doom & gloom of the news headlines to the richer, more cultured stories and events that are out there. To keep in theme with the tough economy, I’ll try to keep an eye out for any arts events that are on the cheaper side.
If you have any comments, additions, suggestions, etc., please feel free to share them here!
CULTURALLY SPEAKING, for September 30, 2008:
- Use your camera to interpret East Somerville, submit a photo to this contest by 10/20, and be a part of a display at the East Somerville City Hall starting 11/6!
- Get a laugh from Cake Wrecks, then check out the interview on Media Bullseye between Sarah Wurrey & Cake Wrecks’ founder, Jen
- Rejoice, comic fans – Paramount is releasing more Marvel stories as movies
- Big-time musicians duke it out for Oklahoma’s Official Rock Song
- California resident may have Jackson Pollock paintings that have never been documented
Want more arts updates more than once a week? Check out the newly launched blog “Culture Monster” from the LA Times!
Have a good week! 🙂