A quick update on the wedding plans:
(But first, a brief THANK YOU to all who have sent such nice wishes and sweet words of congratulations. My job in PR reminds me that sometimes bad news can travel fast, but the ring on my finger is proving that good news can travel fast, too. So even if I can’t respond personally to all messages, know that you’ve been heard. 🙂 )
- We’ve narrowed down the date – Spring 2010. April 24, May 1, or May 15 is preferred. We’d love to have it on May 8 (anniversary of our first date is on the 8th of the month – wouldn’t it be nice to have only one date to remember?) but that’s Mother’s Day weekend. So our decision now weighs heavily on the cost of the venue and the timing of all of the other weddings around the same time (’cause sheesh, there’s a lot).
- We’re planning on getting married in Massachusetts. (My apologies, NY friends and family!) We’re currently looking into venues in the south shore area, especially Dedham hotels. The goal is to have both the ceremony & reception in the same hotel. Let’s see how that one goes.
- I think we’ve nixed the beach wedding idea but we’re starting to consider spring colors and themes. Location and exact date will affect that.
- We’ve started drafting the huge master guest list. This is the “kitchen sink” list. Then we make the budget. Then we make the edits. Tough job, but unfortunately, it needs to be done.
- We’ve started notifying the bridal (and groomsal?) party members. The positive reactions received so far are awesome.
- I’ve picked up a whole stack of bridal magazines and joined TheKnot.com. Plus, I’m starting to check out blogs on weddings.alltop.com and take notes on pics and ideas I like. As a result, Mark spends more time hiding in the other room with SimCity, haha!
- And of course, knowing me, I’ve already started thinking of songs for the reception. This is the most fun part.
So slowly and steadily we’re moving forward. Our goal is to have a date finalized by the new year … or, maybe by mid January. Once we have that, it will help everything else fall into place. And really, with holiday/work/travel/multiple December birthday plans and stresses going on right now, I can’t focus on anything else but just getting to January 1, 2009. I’ve got plenty of time to be a Bridezilla. 😉
We’ll keep everyone posted as things move forward. As always, we welcome your ideas and suggestions. Doesn’t mean we’ll use them, but at least we’ll listen. 🙂
On a side note, good luck with all of your holiday shopping this year! “On the 9th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me…” (“now why the [heck] are they blinking??” … great song!)
I’d love to know: what’s your favorite song to hear at a wedding? What’s the one song that makes you get up and dance?