Mark and I have been busy, busy with work and friends but we’ve managed to get a lot accomplished for the wedding, too! (Psst – have you seen our blog? http://markandmem.wordpress.com – check it out!)
Here are just a few updates since my last one – as of today, we’ve got 6 and a half months to go:
- We booked the JP this weekend! Deb Hoch (www.aneverlastingmemory.com) is super cool and romantic and so easy to get along with. She performed the ceremony at our friends Jo and Darrell’s wedding last May and they had nothing but great things to say about her. So we met with her this weekend and booked the date. She’ll be sending us potential vows and we can copy and paste them to fit our own preferences – I love the customizing option! Also, she insisted on having music on when we met with her because she apparently always has music on. I die! 🙂
- The bridesmaids dresses are all set – the girls are going to look gorgeous!
- Rumor has it that the shower(s), bachelorette party and bachelor party plans are already underway.
- We booked the honeymoon! We are going to the Sandals Resort at Grande Ocho Rios in Jamaica. All inclusive. We are super pumped!
- The Save the Dates have been ordered and are en route to be delivered to us – so we’ll hopefully be sending them out soon. They’re soooo cute – and we’ll most likely be ordering matching invites from the same company soon, too. I’m finalizing the last addresses we need so we can send them out once they arrive.
So we’ve made a lot more progress – although I keep getting waylaid because I’m on the hunt for an affordable pair of Christian Louboutins for the big day. Ebay has become my new homepage and I gotta tell you, it’s not easy.
I’m headed to Vegas next week for a few days to attend the AAPEX/SEMA conference on behalf of one of our clients – so it’ll be tough to start making any big plans until I get back and get all caught up. I’m still struggling with a lot of the song choices (first dance, bridal party entrance to the reception, etc.). But I’m probably just putting too much pressure on it and we’ll figure it out soon enough. 🙂
Keep you posted as things develop!
PS – Happy Halloween! What’s your costume this year? Check out one of my old posts for some fun Halloween facts.