Random notes for the evening:
- I got a fantastic email from Rachel Platten last night thanking me for a review of a show I saw her perform at in April with Lucy Woodward and Toby Lightman. Awesome. It reminded me how much I miss going to shows (at one point I was seeing 1 – 2 concerts a week!). And how cool musicians who appreciate fans are. Time to tap the new music again, soon. And thank you Rachel and Toby for seeking me out. =)
- Also, Rachel is playing tomorrow night around 9/9:30 at Cafe 939 on Boylston in Boston. You should go. Seriously.
- Glee, I love ya. But I feel like next week’s season finale (Wednesday at 9 p.m. on FOX) is going to leave us all hanging and leave me very, very mad because of it. Also, please stop focusing on one storyline and then pretending it never happened for 6 weeks until you decide to focus on it again. It’s breaking up the character consistency.
- I wish we could leave Tiger Woods alone. But we won’t. We have a vicious cycle when it comes to the nature of celebrity. It’s like that couple that crashed the White House party or Bubble Boy or even the Gosselins. We don’t want to give them their 15 minutes but we can’t help it and so we talk about the time about how we hate talking about them and about how they’re all media ho’s … but then by talking about them, we’ve now granted them their wish. D’oh.
- Also sending love out to The Soup on E!, Bones on FOX, and Tabatha’s Salon Takeover.
- Have you seen the wedding blog yet? http://markandmem.wordpress.com. Just checking. 🙂
- Is it just me, or is everyone having trouble with maintaining personal space lately? On the train, multiple times at the gym, walking to South Station…
- Grammy nominees announced tonight!
- Also tonight: the lighting of the tree in Rockefeller Center. I’ve already decorated the house for the holidays (and even received 2 Christmas cards!). I’m really ready for the season this year.
- While I love you, too, social networks, sometimes nothing fixes a bad mood better than a nice conversation with an old friend.
Holidays are almost here. What’s on your wish list this year?